Frequently Asked Questions

Sharing Our Skagit County Attorney’s Experience & Knowledge

With over 11 years of practice in the state of Washington, our Skagit County lawyer has developed a vast amount of experience and insight from handling over 1,000 cases. We aim to share this knowledge so all of our clients are well-prepared and know their legal options. While no two cases are alike, some of the following answers to frequently asked question may be helpful to you and your case.

For more specific answers, get in touch with our friendly and knowledgeable attorney at Canyon Law Office by calling (360) 858-6620.

  • When should I start looking for a DUI attorney?

    As soon as possible. According to The Department of Licensing, you are required to take action within the first 20 days of the incident. However, in some cases, you could be in court within one or two days, so it is best to contact a lawyer immediately to help you prepare for your case.

  • What do I do if I am stopped for driving under the influence?

    When you are pulled over while under the influence of alcohol, be courteous but know that you have the right to remain silent. Provide the officer with your driver’s license, vehicle registration, and proof of insurance, but do not admit fault.

  • What are the chances of my DUI case going to trial?

    There are many occurrences when DUI cases do not go to trial in the state of Washington. However, it is always best to be prepared for trial so that you can have a better understanding of the process. Our firm handles every case seriously and with our clients’ best interests in mind. We help to prepare our clients to the best of our ability for their cases.

  • What is the difference between a DUI and a DUID?

    DUI is an acronym that stands for Driving Under the Influence. DUID stands for Driving Under the Influence of Drugs, and is treated very similarly to DUI cases. This means that you can be pulled over if you are found driving while high or even after you have taken a prescription or over-the-counter medication. DUID cases can be complex but our Skagit County DUI attorney has the knowledge to help you.

  • How long will my personal injury case last?

    Often times, if your case goes to trial, it could take about a year or more before it’s settled. However, there is no predetermined time that a personal injury case lasts. Our firm wants to help people like you shorten the length of their cases so they can resume their normal lives.

  • What is the minimum amount of assets that I need to create a last will and testament?

    You actually do not need to meet a minimum amount of assets when drawing up your last will. However, taxes can be applied when those assets are distributed. Therefore it is important to have your dedicated Skagit County estate planning attorney look over your will to make sure that you have an understanding of how inheritance is taxed and dispersed.

  • What types of injuries qualify me for Social Security Disability?

    If you are unable to work due to pain or if you can prove that your ability to work has been diminished due to your disability, you can file for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI). Our goal at Canyon Law Office is to ensure that you receive the benefits that you deserve for your disability.

Contact Canyon Law Office

  • Please enter your name.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
    Please enter your phone number.
  • This isn't a valid email address.
    Please enter your email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.